Dutch Chicago (Trinity Christian College, Palos Heights Illinois, 1987)
The Sixth Biennial Conference on Dutch-American Studies was held at Trinity Christian College, Palos Heights, Illinois on September 24-26, 1987. The proceedings were compiled by Hendrik Sliekers.
- The Dutch in America, Perspective 1987. Table of Contents.
- Robert P. Swierenga, “Chicago’s ‘Groninger Hoek’: The origins and development of the Dutch colony on the Old West Side in the 19th century”“
- Ross K. Ettema, “The Trail South Out of Chicago”
- Peter De Klerk, “Dutch Settlement in Crook, Colorado in 1893”
- James D. Bratt, “Abraham Kuyper’s 150th Birthday Anniversary”
- Peter H. Huizenga, “Waste Management: its history, growth, and development”
- Mina Baker-Roelofs, “Foods and meal patterns of the Netherlands, and applications to Dutch communities in the U.S.A.”
- Gerlof Homan, “Recruitment of Dutch nationals in the United States for the Netherlands armed forces in the Second World War”
- Harry J. Kits, “Development of Neo-Calvinist social thought and action in Canada”